denny

Default language support for speech recognition

does microsoft support speech recognition for british english for voice
command or dictation? It appears that it does not, but I want to confirm.

I found a link that suggested the following:
This feature is available in the Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese,
English (U.S.), and Japanese language
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?ZGVubnk=?=,

does microsoft support speech recognition for british english for voice
command or dictation? It appears that it does not, but I want to confirm.

No, it does not. MS built in the "socket" for speech recognition, and
provided the tools for the three languages you mention. The idea is that
other software companies who specialize in this kind of program could use
that to "plug-in" their tools into Office. So far, I haven't heard that any
have done so...

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Why can't I change language layout back to U.S. English? WriterT Microsoft Word Help 3 November 2nd 12 12:30 PM
speech recognition Cygnus New Users 17 July 10th 06 07:33 PM
I would like to delete a specific dictionary language. cat Microsoft Word Help 5 January 11th 05 02:21 PM
Set Language permanently David Microsoft Word Help 1 January 2nd 05 02:02 PM
Language auto-detect stuck on US English BostonJohn Microsoft Word Help 2 December 6th 04 08:54 PM