numbering issues

Old December 6th 04, 07:15 PM
cyndi

Default numbering issues

I Have a 45 word document, with numbering, it looks good, until the next time
I open it, sometime it is renumbered, or sometimes the numbers are 0, and
sometime the number is gone all together. This also happens when I email the
document as an attachment, it will look good on my end, but on random other
users who open the document, the document reformats. Any suggestions, does
it sound like a corrupt file?
Thanks
Old December 7th 04, 07:50 PM
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi =?Utf-8?B?Y3luZGk=?=,

I Have a 45 word document, with numbering, it looks good, until the next time
I open it, sometime it is renumbered, or sometimes the numbers are 0, and
sometime the number is gone all together. This also happens when I email the
document as an attachment, it will look good on my end, but on random other
users who open the document, the document reformats. Any suggestions, does
it sound like a corrupt file?

What's a "45 word document"? Which version of Word do you have? How are you
applying the numbering: directly from a preview in Format/Bullets and Numbering?
Or as part of a style?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org