Hyperlinks in Word 2007 docs saved as a web page

Old December 5th 07, 08:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

Default Hyperlinks in Word 2007 docs saved as a web page

I am creating a newsletter that is saved as a web page and pasted
directly
into an e-mail that can be sent out to our clients. Normally, the
document is
saved in my "F" drive. So here's the problem...

I create the .DOCX file. Insert hyperlinks (to place in the document)
and
then save the file on my "F" drive as a web page. I open the document,
and
the hyperlinks search for the links on the "F" drive. I edit the
hyperlinks
again to ensure they link to a place in the document but as soon as it
gets
mailed it, the links go back to the "F" drive. Is there a way I can
avoid
this? I want people to click on the links to go to specific places in
the
newsletter, not search for something on a drive they don't have.
Old December 10th 07, 02:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Does the document have a "Hyperlink base" defined, in the Document Properties
dialog box? If so, clear it.

To access the Document Properties dialog box, click Office button | Prepare
| Properties. In the Document Properties pane, click the arrow next to
Document Properties, and then click Advanced.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP