Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
James James is offline

Default Mail Merge for non-Gregorian Calendars

Hi

The field feature in Word has an option that supports non-Gregorian
calendars, like the Saka Era calendar and the Hijri/Lunar calendar. For
example, the field code for today's date for the Saka Era calendar is:
{DATE \s \* MERGEFORMAT€ˇ}
for the Hijri/Lunar calendar it's:
{DATE \h \* MERGEFORMAT€ˇ}

The problem is with mail merge: I can't find the correct formula to show
dates in Word in any of those two non-Gregorian calendars (the data source
for the mail merge is an Excel file that contains a column of dates). Word
keeps showing the Gregorian format. PS: As a test, I converted the dates in
Excel into the hijri format and then used the "via DDE" option when opening
the data source. Still, dates showed in Gregorian format in Word's mail merge.

Is there any way to show dates in any of those two non-Gregorian formats in
Word's mail merge?

Calendars deanna Tables 0 November 13th 07 08:59 PM
Calendars Aggie Microsoft Word Help 2 August 25th 06 01:47 AM
Calendars jnean Microsoft Word Help 2 January 10th 06 01:45 AM
Can I copy info directly from 2006 calendars to 2007 calendars? Active at work Microsoft Word Help 0 November 25th 05 06:23 PM