Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
csenn

Default How do I have a single form print with multiple numbers?

I have a single form we want numbered beginning with 100, how can I in word
get the program to do this without having a 500 page document?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor

Not much information here
Do you want to start the page numbering of the form at 100? You can do that
from the header/footer toolbar.
Do you want to increment the number of a document each time you create it?
See http://www.gmayor.com/automatic_numbering_documents.htm or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/NumberDocs.htm

csenn wrote:
I have a single form we want numbered beginning with 100, how can I
in word get the program to do this without having a 500 page document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
csenn

Sorry for the lack of details...I have a one page form which we have
determined we want numbered. The forms will begin at 100 (which I know I can
do in the header/footer), what I want to do is print out 500 of this form
with individual numbers (100, 101, 102, ...500) without having the same form
500 times in a document. Does that make sense?

csenn wrote:
I have a single form we want numbered beginning with 100, how can I
in word get the program to do this without having a 500 page document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor

Add a field where you want the numbers as follows:

{={Page} + {Mergefield Count}}

Don't worry about the error message for the moment.

Create an excel data file of one column with the header title Count.
Put the number 99 in the next cell in the column and 100 in the one below
that.
Select both numbers, then CTRL+C and drag the handle down as many cells as
you need copies.
Save and close the Excel file.
Use your document as a form letter merge document, attach the Excel file and
merge.

csenn wrote:
I have a single form we want numbered beginning with 100, how can I
in word get the program to do this without having a 500 page
document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor

You are welcome.
You could do it with vba also, but it would take (me) longer to work that
out than to do it the way I suggested.

csenn wrote:
THANK YOU!!!!