Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
cherie cherie is offline

Default Tables and page breaks

I have a Word document with 4 separate tables. There is a paragraph break
before the next table begins. The second table can begin on the bottom half
of the page below the first table. However Word pushes the second table to a
new page. I have the Table Properties / Row / checked to Allow Row to Break
Across Pages, in case the first row of the second table is too long to fit on
the page. Since they are separate tables I don't think this should be
relevant. Urgent advise would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

What you are seeing is probably caused by the paragraph mark that follows
each table (you can see paragraph marks and other nonprinting marks by
pressing Ctrl+Shift+8).

Format the paragraph mark following the table as 1 pt font size, 1 pt line
spacing, and zero spacing before and after; then it should fit on the

For more on unwanted extra pages, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm.

--
Stefan Blom