kareena

Default what is flush left in mircosoft word?

i need to know what is flush left in word because i know how to align but i
never heard of flush left before.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: what is flush left in mircosoft word?

Flush left is a type of text alignment in Microsoft Word where the text is aligned to the left margin of the page, creating a straight edge on the right side of the text. This means that the text starts at the left margin and runs straight across the page without any indentation.

To set your text to flush left in Microsoft Word, follow these steps:
  1. Select the text that you want to align to the left margin.
  2. Click on the "Home" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Look for the "Paragraph" section of the ribbon, which is usually located on the far right side.
  4. Click on the "Align Left" button, which is the first button in the Paragraph section. This will align your text to the left margin of the page and create a straight edge on the right side of the text.

Alternatively, you can use the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl + L" to quickly align your text to the left margin.
__________________
SVC

Flush left means that text is lined up evenly with the left text margin, but
not with the right text margin.

Justified means that text is lined up evenly with the left and right text
margins.

Flush right means that text is lined up evenly with the right text margin,
but not with the left text margin.

"kareena" wrote:

i need to know what is flush left in word because i know how to align but i
never heard of flush left before.

Jay Freedman

kareena wrote:
i need to know what is flush left in word because i know how to align
but i never heard of flush left before.

"Flush" just means "aligned at". "Flush left" is the same as the Left
paragraph alignment, which book designers sometimes also call "ragged
right". "Flush right" is the Right paragraph alignment, which aligns the
right edge but does not align the left edge. "Justified" is aligned on both
edges.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

gibsontrevor123 gibsontrevor123 is offline
Junior Member

This is an interesting topic. I see that reading comments is a useful way to improve my knowledge. After working or studying, what do you often do to regain energy and happiness? And me, I usually play basketball stars with my friends. It helps me relax a lot. You can try and see how it works with you.