ricaforrica

Default Can you solve this one??? Template mixing with autotext

I want to remove all default autotext entries ("salutation", "header/footer",
etc) and create some categories of predefined sentences.

So, I created a new template (Test.dot), went to the "template & add-ins"
organizer and removed all the default entries.
Then, I used word styles to create the new autotext category (which is, as
far as I know, the only way to create these categories). Finally, I entered
some text and created the new autotext entry. In the autotext menu, all
looked perfect: for example, I had only "My Category" with one entry.

The crazy error ocurred when I inserted the autotext (either using the menu
or the keyboard + F3): looking back in the menu, all the old categories which
I have removed where there again!!! Does somebody know what may cause this
problem?

I thought it could somehow be referring to the normal.dot again (despite
that I set the Test.dot in "template & add-ins" and in autotext "look in")
and I even went on removing all entries from normal.dot as well. But when I
inserted some autotext the entries all appeared again (where did they come
from is what I am wondering)!!!

I appreciate if you could help me

Thanks in advance,

Ricardo Pinto.

Ps: are styles the only way to create categories? There will be a problem if
I want an autotext entry to have different formats! I would have to create
"myautotextheader" for titles, "myautotextdefault" for regular text,...

Jay Freedman

You've posted the identical message at least four times. Charles Kenyon
answered you in this newsgroup this morning. Please stop spamming the
newsgroups.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman