Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gogo gogo is offline

Default How do I turn off auto numbering or auto hyperlink?

Hi. When I type an email address, Word automatically turns it blue &
underlines it (turns it into a link.) How can I turn off this feature, (so it
leaves the address black, not underlined, with no link to open a mail
message?)

Also, sometimes I need to number music selections out of order, like:
Symphony
I. 1st movement
V. 5th movement
Since the '5th movement' is second in a list, Word will try to automatically
number it "II." I have trouble deleting this; it comes back any time I try to
edit. Any way to turn this feature off, so it leaves my typing as is?
(p.s. using Word 11.2 2004, Mac OSX)
Thanks very much.
RJ