Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
tonybozz tonybozz is offline

Default Can't print edge

HI,

I am using word 2007
I made a document on word. I've extended the border almost to the edge
of the page.

when printing, the right hand side of the page is cut off. I am in
landscape view. I have set the gutter to zero (if this makes a
difference?) but the edge is still cut off.

In word 2003 this problem never happened and i am using the same
settings - as far as i know.

Can somebody please help me.

Thanks.

--
tonybozz
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

See the article "The bottom of my pages don't print" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...sDontPrint.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"tonybozz" wrote in message

HI,

I am using word 2007
I made a document on word. I've extended the border almost to the edge
of the page.

when printing, the right hand side of the page is cut off. I am in
landscape view. I have set the gutter to zero (if this makes a
difference?) but the edge is still cut off.

In word 2003 this problem never happened and i am using the same
settings - as far as i know.

Can somebody please help me.

Thanks.

--
tonybozz

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
tonybozz[_2_] tonybozz[_2_] is offline

Well I tried switching printer options. I selected the "Microsoft XPS
Document Writer" in the printer name drop down list. Here I managed to
save it as a new file and then printed it off. The whole document was
printed properly but the margins were automatically set to the default
which meant the whole document had slightly shrunk - Not quite what I
wanted either but it was a better result.

Now...

I don't think it is an issue with the printer because when I connect my
other computer to the printer (which uses word 2003) it does print right
to the edge. I've set the same settings for both computers but i get
different results.

Still hoping someone can tell me why.

Thanks

--
tonybozz
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

tonybozz wrote:
I don't think it is an issue with the printer because when I connect
my other computer to the printer (which uses word 2003) it does print
right to the edge. I've set the same settings for both computers but
i get different results.

Still hoping someone can tell me why.

Does your 'other computer' use the *same* printer driver? Word will only
print what the active printer driver will permit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hi Tony,

As Graham points out, differing printer driver versions can make a difference.

I'm not sure I'm following you as to the results of the MS XPS documents.
If I have a document that has a page border or background, for example and use either Word 2007's Save As XPS (add-in) or print to
the XPS Writer, or if I print to MS Office 2007's Microsoft Office Document Image Writer, I don't get any page size changes or
interference from the page margins.

Are you perhaps using a combination of U.S. Letter and European A4 sizing with and autoresize setting?

=============
"tonybozz" wrote in message ...

Well I tried switching printer options. I selected the "Microsoft XPS
Document Writer" in the printer name drop down list. Here I managed to
save it as a new file and then printed it off. The whole document was
printed properly but the margins were automatically set to the default
which meant the whole document had slightly shrunk - Not quite what I
wanted either but it was a better result.

Now...

I don't think it is an issue with the printer because when I connect my
other computer to the printer (which uses word 2003) it does print right
to the edge. I've set the same settings for both computers but i get
different results.

Still hoping someone can tell me why.

Thanks

--
tonybozz
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
tonybozz[_3_] tonybozz[_3_] is offline

Ok, so how can i find out what printer driver each computer is using????

--
tonybozz