Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
PerStromgren PerStromgren is offline

Default Text box visible only in "Reading layout"

I have a strange document where a specific text box only shows in Reading
layout, not in print layout. I have tried to remove one thing after another,
but can't get to this text box. I can, however, delete text in the text box
when it is visible using Reading layout.

Tools-Options-Print has everything checked under "Include with document".

Tools-Word Count does not see the text in the text box.

Could this be a case of hidden text?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/DrwGrphcs/...leGraphics.htm.

Note that, as far as I know, text in text boxes is never included in a
word count.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"PerStromgren" wrote in message
I have a strange document where a specific text box only shows in

Reading
layout, not in print layout. I have tried to remove one thing after

another,
but can't get to this text box. I can, however, delete text in the

text box
when it is visible using Reading layout.

Tools-Options-Print has everything checked under "Include with

document".

Tools-Word Count does not see the text in the text box.

Could this be a case of hidden text?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
PerStromgren PerStromgren is offline

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/DrwGrphcs/...leGraphics.htm.

Thanks's Stefan, but none of the solutions helps me in this case, I have
already tried them. The tip about "Graphics pasted from the Web into Word
2000" may (but probably not) be suitable, but there does not seem to a cure
when this has already happened.

Anything else I should try?

Note that, as far as I know, text in text boxes is never included in a
word count.

Of course, that seem obvious now that I know a lot more about text boxes.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Per.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
PerStromgren PerStromgren is offline

I solved it!

I found my text box when I desperately tried evereything, including the "Web
layout" mode. There I could see the text box floating at the extreme right,
outside my page boundaries, and I could grab it and pull it back onto the
page.

No, I don't know why it ended up out there. Strange.

Per.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jeannine Jeannine is offline

I just had exactly the same problem this morning. I FINALLY!!!! copied the
entire document and cut and pasted it back in. When I did this, the text
box text showed up and I was able to delete it. Maybe this will work for
you. It was so very, very strange, because when I ran the spell check, I
could see it was spelling text that didn't exist in my document. Then I
discovered it was also spelling what was in the text box.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Indeed, this is strange. I'd treat the document as corrupt. Copy its
contents, minus any section breaks, minus the final paragraph into a new
file as explained at http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"PerStromgren" wrote in message
I solved it!

I found my text box when I desperately tried evereything, including

the "Web
layout" mode. There I could see the text box floating at the extreme

right,
outside my page boundaries, and I could grab it and pull it back onto

the
page.

No, I don't know why it ended up out there. Strange.

Per.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Cutting and pasting apparently fixed the document corruption causing the
problem. For more on corrupt documents, see

"Jeannine" wrote in message
I just had exactly the same problem this morning. I FINALLY!!!!

copied the
entire document and cut and pasted it back in. When I did this, the

text
box text showed up and I was able to delete it. Maybe this will work

for
you. It was so very, very strange, because when I ran the spell

check, I
could see it was spelling text that didn't exist in my document. Then

discovered it was also spelling what was in the text box.

Judy Lundy Judy Lundy is offline
Junior Member

Smile

The text box can be deleted in Reading View. Click in it and select Format/Text Box, click on Layout tab and select "In Line with Text", click OK to exit the edit window. Now click on the border of the text box and press Delete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Blom View Post
Cutting and pasting apparently fixed the document corruption causing the
problem. For more on corrupt documents, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm.

--

[/i][/color]