Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Juan Pablo Juan Pablo is offline

Default I cannot see page numbers in Print Layout only {PAGE}

This is for the Print layout.
As I am editing a document I cannot see the page number. Only a {PAGE] sign
shows up. The table cell borders don't show up. Also, if I use the Paste
Special option, the figures show only as {SHAPE\*MERGEFORMAT}.
The document is ok, since everything shows up fine in the Preview mode.
I've used word 2003 for a while and this is the first time it happens.
I cannot find a way to simply get back to the original Print Layout which
shows the above features.