Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nuttie netballer nuttie netballer is offline

Default f3 and autotext 2007

Can anyone out there help?? - This is Chapter 1 !!!!
Have recently moved over to word 2007. Managed after some time searching
round how to use autotext in 2007 using, as before, f3 as my shortcut key.
For no reason, 2 days ago f3 stopped working - I didnt alter or touch a
thing ... honest !
Now what happens is when, for example, I enter ys for Yours Sincerely and
press f3 instead of Yours Sincerely appearing I am now faced with a box
marked "Building Blocks Organiser". I can see all my autotexts sitting there
but I now have to highlight whatever one I want to use and press insert. I
know it works but its a pain because you have to search the list for your
relevant text and its too long winded doing it this way round. Also, when
Yours Sincerely does come up on screen, you have the shortcut of ys in front
of it so you then have to go back and delete it!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In the Customize Keyboard dialog box (Office button | Word Options,
Customize category, click the Customize button), make sure that F3 is
assigned to the InsertAutoText command.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"nuttie netballer" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Is "ys" the name of the AutoText entry? In earlier versions, in order to get
an AutoComplete tip, you had to type at least the first four letters of the
entry name; this is not required with F3, but you do have to use the actual
name *or* the first four letters, I believe.

"nuttie netballer" nuttie wrote in
message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

To add to the previous replies, when you're in the Building Blocks Organizer, and you type, from your example,
YS
you should jump right to the first named entry with what you're typing. If you don't have the organizer sorted by name (click on
the column heading) where it jumps to can seem confusing

[...]

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP