Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
JeffP-> JeffP-> is offline

Default Justified PP, Condensed Fonts Word 2000 vs 2007

Our slightly older Server 2000 & 2003 systems that do our production
correspondence printing are still running Word 2K, however all of our PC's
are running Office 2007, so all of our dots are still 97-2000.

No matter what I do the layout changes, justification rates, Condensed
fonts, text box locations, which is bad because these are approved forms and
should not render any different than the master forms in every way. The
difference is that these forms are data aware rather than PDFs and print via
our CRM system by automated process.

1) Is there a way to have absolute fidelity between the two versions of Word?

2a) Can I re-install Word 2K?
2b) Do I have to uninstall Word 2007 first?

Any links or suggestions would help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Jeff,

Word is not a page layout program like Pagemaker, etc. Consequently, Word lays out the page according to the information provided to
it by the printer drivers. So a simple thing like changing printers can affect the page layout. So too can changing operating
systems, since different operating systems are likely to come with different printer drivers - even though the printers may still be
the same. Yet another variable is the fonts - different versions of the same fonts could have different metrics, as a result of
which the amount of text that will fit on the page can differ.

The best solution might be to create PDF versions of the masters as fillable forms.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]