Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ncb ncb is offline

Default Footnotes. Having huge problems

Hi.

I have a big document 150 pages approx, with roughly 30 or 40 pages of
images scattered around the document.

I am having big problems with footnotes - when I insert one it will give the
me the dialogue box, and then will jump to the end of the document - but
anything I type won't be visible.
When it does this it says repaginating or something in the bottom left bar.
I looked that up and apparently the fact that I have so many pics etc may be
effecting this repagination.
That still doesn't explain why it's placing them at the end of the document
(I have made sure that i have selected footnotes and not endnotes) and why I
can't view them.

Additionally some footnotes get generated in the wrong place, and sometimes
they disappear, after make changes earlier in the document, (?) or if I
shuffle things around, but leave the marker in the text.

I tried converting all footnotes to endnotes, and was able to view the notes
I had previously been unable to see. I tried converting back to footnotes and
the problem persisted.

To me this sounds like some corruption somewhere, I just don't know how to
fix it. I don't know if this is related, but I am also having problems
backspacing, the cursor won't move left on occasion.

I am using office 2002 on a vista home edition pc.

Thanks very much

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Are the footnotes in a table that spans more than a page (specifically a
table row that spans more than a page)?

Or, if your graphics are wrapped, are the footnotes all clustered in one
anchor paragraph?