DeeW

Default Page Numbering - Header/Footer (Word 2000)

I have a document with 4 sections and would like to have the page numbering
in the footer to restart at 1 for each section. In the header I also have a
page number which I want to be continous throughout the document. Is it
possible to have two different page numbering schemes in Word 2000? Thanks.

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?RGVlVw==?=,

I have a document with 4 sections and would like to have the page numbering
in the footer to restart at 1 for each section. In the header I also have a
page number which I want to be continous throughout the document. Is it
possible to have two different page numbering schemes in Word 2000?

Yes... but you can't show them both in the TOC. For the continuous numbering
you can use a combination of fields to calculate the running page number.

Roughly, you bookmark a PAGE field at the end of each section, then
incorporate them in an expression field, adding them together. Sort of like
this:
{ = { REF Sec1Pages } + { REF Sec2Pages } + { PAGE } }

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org