Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CJ CJ is offline

Default Picture Placement

I have a picture placed in a Word 2003 document with absolute settings
of .25" to right of page and .25" below page. When text goes to a
second page or I insert a page break the picture goes to the second
page. How can I keep it on the first page?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 09:30:56 -0700 (PDT), CJ wrote:

I have a picture placed in a Word 2003 document with absolute settings
of .25" to right of page and .25" below page. When text goes to a
second page or I insert a page break the picture goes to the second
page. How can I keep it on the first page?

Only by dragging it back to where you want it.

Floating objects in Word are always anchored to a specific text paragraph (and
you can see which one if you go into the Options View dialog and check the box
to show Anchors). It is impossible to place an object on a different page from
its anchor paragraph; if the paragraph moves to another page, then the object
moves, too.

Fundamentally, Word is a text-flow-oriented program, which is completely unlike
a page layout program such as Publisher in this regard.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

picture placement sierralightfoot Page Layout 3 May 29th 07 07:24 AM
cursor placement mzmssh New Users 1 May 26th 07 10:31 PM
Placement of table Maurice Microsoft Word Help 3 May 17th 05 01:19 PM
Controlling Picture Placement Todd Smart Page Layout 1 May 14th 05 06:20 PM
Picture Placement Bill New Users 1 December 30th 04 01:02 PM