Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
kacowey kacowey is offline

Default header sections

I am using Word 2007 and attempting to have a different header in as little
as one sheet of the document. I have followed what I think are the steps of
accomplishing this: assign a section page break before/after the header, then
unlink the header. It all looks good, the "previous page" tab disappears and
you can have different heading titles until you close out and they are all
changed to be the last header title entered. Any suggestions? I don't know
what to do to make them unique to the page.
I would appreciate any help.
--
kac
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you are using one of the header Quick Parts and that Quick Part includes
a Content Control for Title, then the Title property is actually altered
when you enter text in the CC and will update everywhere else it appears
(even when headers are unlinked). If this is the case, delete the CC and
type plain text in the header.