williebob

Default How do I retain my headers when pasting from another document?

When I copy to the clipboard from a document with existing headers and paste
into my document, which was created from a WORD template that included my
headers. My headers are replaced with the source headers.

How do I stop this and retain the source document formatting?

Thanks
CyberTaz

Hello-

Place your insertion point, then go to EditPaste Special and choose either
Unformatted Text or Unformatted Unicode Text.

HTH |:)

"williebob" wrote:

When I copy to the clipboard from a document with existing headers and paste
into my document, which was created from a WORD template that included my
headers. My headers are replaced with the source headers.

How do I stop this and retain the source document formatting?

Thanks

Anne Troy

Hi, WillieBob. I think Taz did what I do sometimes. He read "headings" and
not "headers". Likely, what's happening is that you're copying section
breaks. Since page layout is stored in section breaks, you're bringing those
headers over with you. Likely, just copy everything BETWEEN section breaks,
skipping the section breaks, that should work for you.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"williebob" wrote in message
When I copy to the clipboard from a document with existing headers and

paste
into my document, which was created from a WORD template that included my
headers. My headers are replaced with the source headers.

How do I stop this and retain the source document formatting?

Thanks

CyberTaz

No Ma'am, Headers (as in Headers and Footers) is exactly what I interpreted.

My impression was that the OP was selecting the either the entire content of
one doc, or at least including the final ¶, so the Headers were getting
pasted to the other doc as well as the text.

You're absolutely right about the section breaks, but the same thing happens
if there are no section breaks in the doc being copied if the above
circumstances are the case.

Regards |:)

"williebob" wrote in message
When I copy to the clipboard from a document with existing headers and

paste
into my document, which was created from a WORD template that included my
headers. My headers are replaced with the source headers.

How do I stop this and retain the source document formatting?

Thanks

Anne Troy

Haven't tried that in a long time, Taz. Thanks.
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com