Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary Mary is offline

Default Home page menus disappear after using them

When I first got Word 2007, I could click on the "Home" or "Review" or
whatever tab, and the menu below it would stay on the page until I clicked on
another tab.

Now, I can click on "home" and change, say, the font type. But the menu
then disappears, and I have to go back and click on "home" again if I want to
change the font size.

This is annoying! How do I get back and make the menus stay up by default,
like when I started?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You probably double-clicked a tab. It's actually a pretty neat feature for
maximizing the amount of screen real estate for your document. Neat, that
is, unless it happens by accident. ;-)

You can turn the full ribbon back on by double-clicking any of the tab
names, or by pressing Ctrl+F1 (which serves as a convenient toggle).

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Mary" wrote in message
When I first got Word 2007, I could click on the "Home" or "Review" or
whatever tab, and the menu below it would stay on the page until I clicked
on
another tab.

Now, I can click on "home" and change, say, the font type. But the menu
then disappears, and I have to go back and click on "home" again if I want
change the font size.

This is annoying! How do I get back and make the menus stay up by
default,
like when I started?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary Mary is offline

Thank you SO much. You're right; it's a neat feature, until you don't want
it. This solved the problem immediately.