Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert McN Robert McN is offline

Default Using autocorrect in Word 2007

I have two questions pertaining to autocorrect:

1. My previous laptop expired, but the hard disc still runs. Is there some
way to retrieve my autocorrects from that drive that were for Word 2003 and
transfer them to a new computer running Word 2007?

2. I use autocorrect a lot. For Word 2003 I set up a shortcut key that when
pressed would open the autocorrect dialog box thereby allowing me to quickly
add new autocorrects as needed. I've tried to repeat this in Word 2007 by
going to "Word Options/ Customize/ Keyboard shortcuts customize/ commands not
on the ribbon/ autotext. That doesn't work. I don't see any way I can
automate the opening of the autocorrect dialog box. Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.
Bob
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
djprius djprius is offline

Robert McN wrote:
I have two questions pertaining to autocorrect:

snip

2. I use autocorrect a lot. For Word 2003 I set up a shortcut key that when
pressed would open the autocorrect dialog box thereby allowing me to quickly
add new autocorrects as needed. I've tried to repeat this in Word 2007 by
going to "Word Options/ Customize/ Keyboard shortcuts customize/ commands not
on the ribbon/ autotext. That doesn't work. I don't see any way I can
automate the opening of the autocorrect dialog box. Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.
Bob

From what you have written, I think your problem is you used
"autotext", when what you want is "auto correct". I could not find a way
to do that as a keyboard shortcut. However, you can add the feature you
want to your Quick Access Toolbar as an icon to get the auto correct
dialog box as follows:
Office button|Word Options|Customize|Commands Not in Ribbon|Auto
Correct Options (the one with the lightening icon)|Add|(position on QAT
where you want it)|OK

David
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

1. (user-defined) Autocorrects are held in two places: formatted ones are
held in your Normal Template and unformatted ones are held in .acl files
(one per language) in Documents and Settings\(userid)\Application
Data\Microsoft\Office (assuming Windows XP)

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Robert McN" wrote in message
news
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert McN Robert McN is offline

Although I preferred using the keyboard only, what you showed me works very
nicely. Thanks very much. It is already saving me time.

Bob

"djprius" wrote:

Robert McN wrote:
I have two questions pertaining to autocorrect:

snip

2. I use autocorrect a lot. For Word 2003 I set up a shortcut key that when
pressed would open the autocorrect dialog box thereby allowing me to quickly
add new autocorrects as needed. I've tried to repeat this in Word 2007 by
going to "Word Options/ Customize/ Keyboard shortcuts customize/ commands not
on the ribbon/ autotext. That doesn't work. I don't see any way I can
automate the opening of the autocorrect dialog box. Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.
Bob

From what you have written, I think your problem is you used