Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
atryon atryon is offline

Default Embedding in a Single File Web Page

I'm working on a newsletter that gets sent out as an attachement via email.
I've been using the single-file webpage format so the end-user can access the
info easily since I'm using a lot of text boxes & graphics.
Embedding documents or other objects makes them inaccessible in this
format. Is there a way I can embed or otherwise attach another file (eg
another mht or doc) to the document and still have it accessible by the user
to open? I don't want to link them because then I'd have to attach another
file or publish it to a central location, I just want the ability to have a
seperate page part of the existing web page.
Also, page is not being published, just emailed.
Thanks in advance for the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
finalword finalword is offline

You can try using Insert | Object and make sure that you DO NOT choose to
link to file. Check the Display as Icon box to have the Icon available.

"atryon" wrote:

I'm working on a newsletter that gets sent out as an attachement via email.
I've been using the single-file webpage format so the end-user can access the
info easily since I'm using a lot of text boxes & graphics.
Embedding documents or other objects makes them inaccessible in this
format. Is there a way I can embed or otherwise attach another file (eg
another mht or doc) to the document and still have it accessible by the user
to open? I don't want to link them because then I'd have to attach another
file or publish it to a central location, I just want the ability to have a
seperate page part of the existing web page.
Also, page is not being published, just emailed.
Thanks in advance for the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
atryon atryon is offline

I've tried both inserting it as an object and as file, it becomes
inaccessible when viewed as a webpage.