Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Newbe

Default How to hyperlink a TOC to a chapter within the document

I am writing a large technical manual and need advice on how to use the
styles and formatting to hyperlink the table of contents to the place in the
document. I would also like help with creating a template for a chapter
which can then be used to import in the next chapter without recreating all
the style and formats used before.
I am using Word 2003
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The page numbers in all TOCs in every Word version are already hyperlinked.
The entire TOC entry is hyperlinked by default in Word 2000, 2002, and 2003.
The entries are not formatted as hyperlinks (although the Hyperlink
character style is applied, it is mysteriously suppressed), and in Word 2002
and 2003, you must (by default) Ctrl+click to follow them.