Chris Hlusak

Default Programmatically merge into a merge document

I scanned the first few pages and didn't see my answer - sorry if this is a
repeat.

I'm looking to take a given set of data entered online and to present to the
user a merged letter (ideally as an image, PDF is OK too).

The first step of this, the part I'm unsure of that I'm hoping someone can
help, is to take that data set entered online and to end up with a merged
letter.

Thus I have the merge letter template, and the data source in memory, and
I'd like to get a merged word document. (At which point I can convert to
another format for the user). Can I do this programmatically (ideally
entirely via memory, without saving a data source file to disk) - and if so,
can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks kindly,
Chris Hlusak

Doug Robbins

I'm not really sure what you mean by "data entered online", but maybe what
you should be using is a template containing a userform that presents the
user with a form into which to enter the data and then, when they click on a
command button on the form, transfers the data to the required places in the
template either by inserting it into the .Range of bookmarks in the template
of by creating document variables to hold each piece of data and having it
displayed by { DOCVARIABLE } fields in the template.

See the article "How to create a Userform" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP