sony

Default mathtype

How can I apply certain font or style to all the equations already written in
an entire document using mathtype ?
Bob Mathews

On 23-Sep-2005, sony wrote:

How can I apply certain font or style to all the equations already
written in an entire document using mathtype ?

Excellent question. Fortunately, this is something MathType does very easily
and very well. This is one of the things that distinguishes MathType from
its little brother, Equation Editor. What I'm about to describe can't be
done with Equation Editor.

1. Open the document in Word.

2. IF you have a MathType preference file for the new style and size you
want your equations to use, continue with step 2a. Otherwise, go to step 3.

2a. In Word's menu bar, there is a MathType menu. Click on it, then
click on Format Equations.
2b. Click the Browse button, find the preference file you want to use,
click Open, then click OK. Continue to step 4.

3. This step is only if you don't have a MathType preference file created
for the new style you want your equations to use. For more information on
MathType preference files, see page 101 in your MathType manual.

3a. Double-click one of the equations in your document to open the
equation in MathType.
3b. Change the style and size of this equation to the style and size you
want for all the equations in your document. Close MathType.
3c. Back in your document, the equation should still be selected. Copy
it to the clipboard (Edit Copy, or Ctrl + C).
3d. In Word's menu bar, there is a MathType menu. Click on it, then
click on Format Equations.
3e. Click the option that says "Equation on clipboard". At the bottom,
under "Range", make sure "Whole document" is selected. Click OK.

4. You will get a message either that "X equations were found and/or
updated" (with X being replaced with the actual number), or it will say "No
equations were found and/or updated". Even if it said it didn't find any
equations, it really did. If you got this message, see our article at
http://www.dessci.com/en/support/tsn/tsn113.htm.

Bob Mathews bobm at dessci.com
Director of Training
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType 5
Design Science, Inc. -- "How Science Communicates"
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor, TeXaide