Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pkg pkg is offline

Default space between lines

Dear all and a happy new year!

Working with Word XP I do not manage to enlarge the space between two
specific lines. I tried to mark the two lines and assign larger line
space to the selected lines (via: context menu -- paragraph -- line
spacing (hope I translated the menu entries correctly from my German
version)), but then Word also enlarges the space between the marked
lines and the line above and below them. However, I just want more
space between the two marked lines ...

Can anyone help me with this? Many thanks!

BR

pkg

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Is it correct that the other lines that change are part of the same paragraph
as the two lines? (each paragraph ends with a paragraph mark (¶) that can be
seen if you turn on formatting marks by clicking the ¶ icon in the Standard
toolbar).

Note that the settings in the Paragraph dialog box apply to _entire_
paragraphs. Therefore, if you change the line spacing, the new spacing will
bee applied to all lines in a paragraph even if you did not select all the
lines.

If your only objective is to add space between the two lines, you could
press Shift+Return twice to insert two manual line breaks at the end of the
first of the two lines. Alternatively, you could press Return before and
after the two lines to put the two lines of text in a separate paragraph and
change the line spacing for that paragraph.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg