Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KenDavies KenDavies is offline

Default Fonts appear bold on screen but not showing in the style

Hello,

I'm having some issues with font appearances in my Microsoft Word file. It
appears that the fonts look almost bold in my file (although not actually the
bold style). I don't want to have the text looking bold. When i check the
style setting for the normal text, it is not set to bold. Instead it reads as
"Automatic". The text in the file that I am using is the normal style used
for body text but not headings. But in the original file it was set to Arial
Black. But when I change the style to "automatic" both in the source file and
the destination file, it still appears as Arial Black. But when I look in
the font preview box, the font appears regular.
--
arblaarbla
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Arial Black is a bold faced font, so it is bound to look bold. Use Arial
instead.
The only reference to 'automatic' in the font dialog concerns the font
colour and how it appears on different coloured backgrounds.