Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PC53

Default How can I save a document so it is NOT read-only when it is sent?

I have already tried going to Start - All Programs - Accessories - Windows
Explorer-
Properties - General tab - uncheck the read-only box - APPLY - and my
document, when sent as an attachment, is received as a read-only document. I
need to be able to send this to other employees to use on their computers.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

I think it's that way on purpose. It's better to teach these people how to
save the file to their own systems before they start editing it.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]