Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karen Karen is offline

Default How do you create autotext for often used words?

I upgraded from Word 2003 to Word 2007 and the Alt+I+A+X to create auto text
for words used often is not working in 2007. Anyone able to help me with this
- I used that feature A LOT in Word 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Summer Summer is offline

You type as many unique characters for the name of the autotext entry and
press F3. It works in the same way as it always did. You no longer have the
autocomplete feature.

Your autotext is now in the Building Blocks template.

You can add the "Autotext" command to your QAT. Then to make your life easy
you can highlight a new autotext and click on the Autotext Icon on QAT and
click on "Save Selection to Autotext Gallery" - that's a quick way. Remember
you can now categorise your Autotext if you wish with Category names.

Otherwise you can go to Building Blocks template - go to tab
Insert
Quick Parts
Building Blocks Organiser

And you will see your Autotext.

You can also save as Quick Parts entries in Galleries instead of as Autotext
entries.

Hope this helps.

www.docsliveonline.com

"Karen" wrote in message
I upgraded from Word 2003 to Word 2007 and the Alt+I+A+X to create auto
text
for words used often is not working in 2007. Anyone able to help me with
this
- I used that feature A LOT in Word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 18:56:01 -0700, Karen
wrote:

I upgraded from Word 2003 to Word 2007 and the Alt+I+A+X to create auto text
for words used often is not working in 2007. Anyone able to help me with this
- I used that feature A LOT in Word 2003.

Use Alt+F3 instead (that also worked in Word 2003, but you might not
have been aware of it). In the dialog that appears, in addition to
setting the name of the AutoText entry, set the Gallery dropdown to
AutoText.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Summer Summer is offline

I also add that if you right mouse click using Autotext icon on QAT you have
menu options also available.

"Karen" wrote in message
I upgraded from Word 2003 to Word 2007 and the Alt+I+A+X to create auto
text
for words used often is not working in 2007. Anyone able to help me with
this
- I used that feature A LOT in Word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The shortcut key combination to create autotexts is ALT+F3, but as Summer
indicates, autotext does not work in quite the same way. Autocorrect does
however.