Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default To create a template to type in spaces for a preprinted contract?

Phil wrote:
I have 3 part preprinted contracts that I want to print out on a dot
mat printer.
I want to be able to use the the contract as though I were typing into
Adobe, but I only want to print out the fill in spaces on the contract
(excluding all of the preprinted information). Can I do this in Word
as a template? And, how would I create?
Thanks

You're asking for a "form", for which Word has a number of tools.

See http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=22 and
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...nesInForms.htm to get started.

Unfortunately, getting the form fields in a Word document to line up with
the blanks in preprinted forms is difficult. Look at this post for advice:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...d9308f85e2b2ba

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman