Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jon

Default importing PowerPoint slides

Hello,

Is there a way I can import all my PowerPoint slides from a presentation
into a word document so I can easily type minute notes inbetween the slides
and print them out for my sales team?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 4 Feb 2006 04:47:21 -0800, jon
wrote:

Hello,

Is there a way I can import all my PowerPoint slides from a presentation
into a word document so I can easily type minute notes inbetween the slides
and print them out for my sales team?

Don't start in Word, start in PowerPoint. There you can do either of
two things:

- In Normal view or Notes Page view, type your notes in the area below
each slide. These are saved in the PowerPoint presentation, and you
can print the presentation so it includes the notes (in File Print,
set the Print What box to "Notes Pages").

- On the File menu, choose Send To and click Microsoft Word... In the
dialog that appears, choose one of the options. If you typed your
notes in the presentation, there are options to have the notes next to
or below the slides. The other options put empty lines there, for the
recipients to write on.

If you have other questions like this, you'll get a better response in
the PowerPoint newsgroups.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm not a PowerPoint user, but I do know that PPT provides some options for
printing out slides, including a form that includes speaker notes (see the
"About notes" Help topic in PPT). There is also a File | Send To | Microsoft
Office Word command.

"jon" wrote in message
Hello,

Is there a way I can import all my PowerPoint slides from a presentation
into a word document so I can easily type minute notes inbetween the

slides
and print them out for my sales team?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

Hi Jon,

You can create notes while you're in PowerPoint, but yes you can highlight
all your slides and click on File | Send To | Microsoft Office Word. If you
are running Office 2003, you can even select to have the notes in between
your slides in Word. I hope this has been helpful to you.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"jon" wrote:

Hello,

Is there a way I can import all my PowerPoint slides from a presentation
into a word document so I can easily type minute notes inbetween the slides
and print them out for my sales team?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jon

Thanks for you input. What would be the advantage to me to start in
PowerPoint instead of starting in Microsoft Word?

Jon

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

For one thing because, as indicated, you can do everything you say you want
to do from within PPT, without resort to Word, but also because the Send to
Microsoft Word command is in PPT.