andylennox

Default Background pictures repeating on a web page (Word 2002)

I want to add a graphic image (gif) as a background to web pages created in
Word 2002 but when I do the image is repeated down the page, obscuring the
text. The image is a thin header bar, and I only want it at the top. What do
I have to do to make it work?
lostinspace

andylennox

Thanks for the quick response!
Unfortunately I can't give a link as the web page is on our intranet - no
access to outside.
I wondered if it was a particular aspect of Word funcionality (or lack of
it). I'm also stuck with Word as we use it as a low-skill web page editor
(and its cheaper).
I did try with CSS - both linking to one and the 'integrate' option - but
not much success. I think I'll try another way, or just forget the banner all
together. Maybe just linking to it as an image will be easier!
Regards