Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
julia@W7

Default Return to Office '93 for Mail Merge process

I'm regularly delayed to the point of giving up when Mailmerging by all the
extra controls and questions Office '03 throws at me. I recenty upgraded
from Office '93. I'd mastered office '93 Mailmerge. Now when I should be
profiting from that time spent ages ago learning the process, upgrading has
seriously wasted my business time, which can never be replaced. Surely I
don't have to be plagued by 'help' panes and controlled by interminable
questions?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...merge.fi elds
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Office 93?
If you changed from a veteran car to a modern one, you may have difficulty
driving it. It's the same with software. Things move on.
Mail merge adopted the current system in 2002. The process is essentially
the same as it has always been.
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm should help you
adapt and work without task panes - and you may find
http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm useful.

julia@W7 wrote:
I'm regularly delayed to the point of giving up when Mailmerging by
all the extra controls and questions Office '03 throws at me. I
recenty upgraded from Office '93. I'd mastered office '93 Mailmerge.
Now when I should be profiting from that time spent ages ago learning
the process, upgrading has seriously wasted my business time, which
can never be replaced. Surely I don't have to be plagued by 'help'
panes and controlled by interminable questions?

suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the
button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft
Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...merge.fi elds