Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jeri Jeri is offline

Default Lost document

I inadvertently replaced an existing document with an older revision. Is
there any way to recover the revision I replaced? I did not have autosave on.
--
Jeri
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

If you've closed the document, nope. If not, save it with a new name, then
hit undo many times until the point when you opened that file then save it
as the original name.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Jeri" wrote in message
I inadvertently replaced an existing document with an older revision. Is
there any way to recover the revision I replaced? I did not have autosave
on.
--
Jeri

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Hmm, I didn't know that. I just do one undo and then Ctrl+Z a lot. ;-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
And remember that you don't actually have to "hit undo many times." You
can
pull down the Undo list and select the first (bottom) item to Undo back to
that point.

so
all may benefit.

"Jeri" wrote in message
I inadvertently replaced an existing document with an older revision. Is
there any way to recover the revision I replaced? I did not have

autosave
on.
--
Jeri

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Why not Ctrl+Z for the first Undo as well?

"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
Hmm, I didn't know that. I just do one undo and then Ctrl+Z a lot. ;-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
And remember that you don't actually have to "hit undo many times." You
can
pull down the Undo list and select the first (bottom) item to Undo back

that point.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Jeri" wrote in message
I inadvertently replaced an existing document with an older revision.

Is
there any way to recover the revision I replaced? I did not have

autosave
on.
--
Jeri

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

If I had to explain half of the things I do the way I do it, I'd give myself
a headache.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"Jeri" wrote in message
I inadvertently replaced an existing document with an older revision.

Is
there any way to recover the revision I replaced? I did not have
autosave
on.
--
Jeri

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
techpro techpro is offline

On 13 Jun, 14:54, Jeri wrote:
I inadvertently replaced an existing document with an older revision. Is
there any way torecoverthe revision I replaced? I did not have autosave on.
--
Jeri

This won't help now, but AJC Active Backup http://www.tech-pro.net/active-backup.html
has helped me recover from this kind of situation more times than I
can remember. It backs up documents each time you save them so you can