Chrysie

Default How do I create a reverse order numbered list?

I'm creating a score card in Word. I'd like it to look as follows:

5 I'd like the text to allign to the tabbed space between text and number
4 In a word wrap situation, I'd still like the text alligned so that the
text
is all lined up together - indented
3 Even more text here
2 Still more text
1 Last of the text

Michael

I think I understand what you're trying to do. You want the text lined up
vertically when it wraps, as in #4. Position the curson to the left of the
4. On the horizontal ruler at the top of the page are the indent controls.
Move all three so that the dotted line lines up with the text in the number 5
line. The top triangle is the first-line indent. Pull the triangle so that
the 4 lines up with the 5. This way all text will flow in a line vertically,
regardless of the word wrap. I hope this is understandable. Good luck.

"Chrysie" wrote:

I'm creating a score card in Word. I'd like it to look as follows:

5 I'd like the text to allign to the tabbed space between text and number
4 In a word wrap situation, I'd still like the text alligned so that the
text
is all lined up together - indented
3 Even more text here
2 Still more text
1 Last of the text

Chrysie

That definitely achieved the formatting I was after. It's unfortunate that
Microsoft doesn't allow the user to reverse the numbering order for a
numbered list or similar style.

Thanks for your help Michael. Your directions were perfect.

Chrysie

"Chrysie" wrote:

I'm creating a score card in Word. I'd like it to look as follows:

5 I'd like the text to allign to the tabbed space between text and number
4 In a word wrap situation, I'd still like the text alligned so that the
text
is all lined up together - indented
3 Even more text here
2 Still more text
1 Last of the text

Greg Maxey

Chrysie,

You can sort of:

Word has no provision for numbering in reverse order. But you can set up a
semiautomatic numbering sequence using a combination of formula, SET and SEQ
fields .

Example: { SET HighNr 11 }{ = HighNr - { SEQ RevNrList } }
{ = HighNr - { SEQ RevNrList } }
{ = HighNr - { SEQ RevNrList } }
Display: 10
9