Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Zack Mcqueen Zack Mcqueen is offline

Default Password problems-No I havent forgottten it!

I have a word document and I created a password so that a person would need
that password to modify the document. Now, I can access the document but I
cannot modify it without the password, obviously. But when I open the
document there is no prompt anywhere in sight and as such I cannot modify the
document! Where do I find the prompt? All I can see is some text in the
bottom left of the screen which says that the 'modification is not allowed
since the document is locked'. But it offers no suggestion as how to unlock
it! Please help if you can!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Probably ToolsUnprotect will take you to the screen where you can enter the
password or in Word 2007 the Protect facility is on the Developer tab of the
ribbon.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.