Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LTJ LTJ is offline

Default Cannot save, file already in use

Very frequently several of us experience that when we want to save a new
document, It says I cannot as someone is using the file.
YES, I'M THE ONE USING THE FILE, and I'm the only one using it (it's a new
document, how can someone use it??) So the only thing to do is click OK and
then I can see that Windows/Word has save my document but with absolutely
NOTHING in it. I have to save again with the same name and overwrite previous
document, which I was just told by Word that I could NOT save.

It has happened so many times after upgrading to Office 2007. What is wrong,
why does Windows act this way. We use Windows XP and have no way og upgrading
to Vista has we have several other programs we cannot run on Vista. So that
is NOT the solution.

Is there some kind of setting in Windows we need to do after upgrading to
Office 2007. Several people have lost information as when they see the
document is saved they think everything is fine, only to find out yes it was
save but without any of the text they typed. The document is 0KB. Why does it
say I cannot save and then Windows save it anyway without anything in it.
--
LTJ