Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dudaudio dudaudio is offline

Default Converting Works Name and and Address file to Word format

How can I covert a Word Database (Name and Address File) to Word format?
MS Word 8 to MS Office 2007
--
dudaudio
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Converting it to Excel would be a more logical switch. Is that an option for
you?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"dudaudio" wrote in message
How can I covert a Word Database (Name and Address File) to Word format?
MS Word 8 to MS Office 2007
--
dudaudio

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dudaudio dudaudio is offline

Thank's for your reply.
Yes this is an option, I have tried to do this but am told that .WDB is not
a recognised format.
--
dudaudio

"dudaudio" wrote in message
How can I covert a Word Database (Name and Address File) to Word format?
MS Word 8 to MS Office 2007
--
dudaudio

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You will need to export the data from Works using a universal format such as
comma delimited text (CSV) or DBF. I believe the Works add-in for Word from
the Works suite allows the use of Works databases, but that add-in is not
without problems of its own, so I wouldn't recommend it.

"dudaudio" wrote in message
How can I covert a Word Database (Name and Address File) to Word
format? MS Word 8 to MS Office 2007
--
dudaudio

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dudaudio dudaudio is offline

Thank's for your reply.
I will try the CSV route.

--
dudaudio

"dudaudio" wrote in message
How can I covert a Word Database (Name and Address File) to Word
format? MS Word 8 to MS Office 2007
--
dudaudio

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dudaudio dudaudio is offline

Thank you both for your help.
I converted the Works file to CSV and imported it into Excel.
Dudley Grant
--
dudaudio