Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Tareq Tareq is offline

Default Macro to send print job to FAX

Hi there;
I made the following Macro to send a print to fax machine by pressing (ALT
3) and it works but the issue that after it send the fax job, it sent the fax
machine as the default printer. My question how can I continue using this
Macro without making the fax machine as the default printer. Help????

Sub Macro41()
'
' Macro41 Macro
' Macro recorded 1/30/2007 by tareq
'
ActivePrinter = "Network FAX for Windows"
Application.PrintOut FileName:="", Range:=wdPrintAllDocument, Item:= _
wdPrintDocumentContent, Copies:=1, Pages:="", PageType:=wdPrintAllPages, _
ManualDuplexPrint:=False, Collate:=True, Background:=True, PrintToFile:= _
False, PrintZoomColumn:=0, PrintZoomRow:=0, PrintZoomPaperWidth:=0, _
PrintZoomPaperHeight:=0
End Sub
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

In theory you ought to be able to do something like...

Dim strActivePrinter As String
Dim strFaxPrinter As String
strFaxPrinter="Network FAX for Windows"

' save and set up the active printer
strActivePrinter = Application.ActivePrinter
' don't change the printer if it is already
' correctly set up
' (I had problems when I tried to switch
' to the fax printer in code)
' you may need to adjust this for your
' fax printer name
If Left(strActivePrinter, len(strFaxPrinter)) strFaxPrinter Then
Application.ActivePrinter = strFaxPrinter
_
ManualDuplexPrint:=False, Collate:=True, Background:=True, PrintToFile:=
_
False, PrintZoomColumn:=0, PrintZoomRow:=0, PrintZoomPaperWidth:=0, _
PrintZoomPaperHeight:=0
Application.ActivePrinter = strActivePrinter
End If

Peter Jamieson

"Tareq" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Tareq Tareq is offline

Hi there;

Thank you for reply .. but I am not that good with macros .. what do i
change in what you sent me . . . sorry to bother you with this

"Tareq" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

OK, my suggestion is simply...

-----------------------
Sub Macro41x()
Dim strActivePrinter As String
Dim strFaxPrinter As String

strFaxPrinter="Network FAX for Windows"
If Left(strActivePrinter, len(strFaxPrinter)) strFaxPrinter Then
Application.ActivePrinter = strFaxPrinter
Application.PrintOut FileName:="", Range:=wdPrintAllDocument, _
Item:=wdPrintDocumentContent, Copies:=1, Pages:="", _
PageType:=wdPrintAllPages, ManualDuplexPrint:=False, Collate:=True, _
Background:=True, PrintToFile:=False, PrintZoomColumn:=0, _
PrintZoomRow:=0, PrintZoomPaperWidth:=0, PrintZoomPaperHeight:=0
Application.ActivePrinter = strActivePrinter
End If
End Sub

If that doesn't help, sorry, don't know what else will.

Peter Jamieson