Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RickM

Default Normal View / Print View and Photo Insertions Seen Only In Print V

While writing in Normal View the insertion of any photo NOT "inline" mode
switches the view automatically to Print View. I can work in this view (no
choice) and it prints what I see fine. So I'm wondering, why ever use Normal
View if it cannot reliably show - what you type, insert and see is what you
get?

Does Normal View imply words only without graphics? Anyone heard Microsoft's
thinking on this? Will I be ok sending out only Print View saved docs?
--
These many questions from a new Office 2003 user,
RickM
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

The document is the same regardless of which view it is saved or viewe in.

Normal view is faster, especially with long documents. Print view is closer
to what you would see when you print, but displaying this requires more
processing and can slow you down. I almost always work in print view but I
seldom work with documents that exceed 100 pages.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"RickM" wrote in message
While writing in Normal View the insertion of any photo NOT "inline" mode
switches the view automatically to Print View. I can work in this view (no
choice) and it prints what I see fine. So I'm wondering, why ever use
Normal
View if it cannot reliably show - what you type, insert and see is what
you
get?

Does Normal View imply words only without graphics? Anyone heard
Microsoft's
thinking on this? Will I be ok sending out only Print View saved docs?
--
These many questions from a new Office 2003 user,
RickM

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RickM

Default Normal View / Print View and Photo Insertions Seen Only In Pri

Thanks Charles. Seeing what I create is more important than speed. I rarely
have docs greater than 10 pages but with many graphics. Looks like it is 100%
print view use for me.
--
RickM

"RickM" wrote in message
While writing in Normal View the insertion of any photo NOT "inline" mode
switches the view automatically to Print View. I can work in this view (no
choice) and it prints what I see fine. So I'm wondering, why ever use
Normal
View if it cannot reliably show - what you type, insert and see is what
you
get?

Does Normal View imply words only without graphics? Anyone heard
Microsoft's
thinking on this? Will I be ok sending out only Print View saved docs?
--
These many questions from a new Office 2003 user,
RickM

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I, on the other hand, rarely work in Print Layout view, even in short
documents; when I do, I often hide the "white space" (header and footer) so
that I can read the text continuously.