Default How To Get Rid Of Smart Tags Permanently, Forever And Ever, Amen.....

Are you getting documents from others? Smart tags can be saved in specific
documents even if you have them disabled in your setup.

"Bright Spark" wrote in message
I had no problem with Smart Tags until I moved over to a "new"
computer about a month ago. The new computer has Win XP, Service Pack
2. I would like to blame SP2 for what is happening, but I don't
really know if that's my problem.

No matter what I do, I cannot get rid of the wretched Smart Tags. I
have replaced my Normal.dot template time after time after time (I am
familiar with backing up the normal template and acl files, etc.), and
after every couple of computer reboots, the damned Smart Tags come
back and I have to start all over again. I have changed every single
Smart Tag possibility in Tools/Options/Save/AutoCorrect/AutoFormat,
etc over and over and over, and they still keep coming back.

It's beginning to make me crazy and I'm hoping someone may have an
answer as to why it keeps coming back and taking over my Normal.dot
again.

Thanks for any help.

Bright Spark

Stop Smart Tags for Copy & paste, Other times Jugglertwo Microsoft Word Help 5 June 20th 05 03:03 PM
Smart Tags ChuckER Microsoft Word Help 1 April 19th 05 05:00 AM
Smart Tags - Person Name CarlSprake Microsoft Word Help 0 March 21st 05 12:03 PM
About Smart Tags!!! shobha Microsoft Word Help 0 February 18th 05 02:39 AM
smart tags ssorgtoille Microsoft Word Help 1 January 4th 05 04:28 PM