Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Melissa[_2_] Melissa[_2_] is offline

Default Word Document Problem

Hi there

I would just like to find out... I have a Word document that was originally
created in word perfect, and now the images on the document will not
display, or open.

Is there any way that i can get the images to show / convert them?

thank you

Melissa

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Are you saying that you cannot see the images in that particular document only?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Melissa" wrote:

Hi there

I would just like to find out... I have a Word document that was originally
created in word perfect, and now the images on the document will not
display, or open.

Is there any way that i can get the images to show / convert them?

thank you

Melissa

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Melissa[_2_] Melissa[_2_] is offline

Hi Stefan

Yes, I cannot see the images in that doc only. all i see are black squares
where the images were?

"Melissa" wrote:

Hi there

I would just like to find out... I have a Word document that was
originally
created in word perfect, and now the images on the document will not
display, or open.

Is there any way that i can get the images to show / convert them?

thank you

Melissa

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I guess the pictures could be in a format that Word cannot read.
Alternatively, the document could be damaged. Have you tried copying the
contents, except for the final paragraph mark, into a new file? Does that
make a difference?

Also, do you still have access to the original WordPerfect file? If you do,
or if someone else does, maybe converting to PDF would be easier.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Melissa" wrote:

Hi there

I would just like to find out... I have a Word document that was
originally
created in word perfect, and now the images on the document will not
display, or open.

Is there any way that i can get the images to show / convert them?

thank you

Melissa

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Melissa[_2_] Melissa[_2_] is offline

Hi Stefan

Thank you for your help. I have tried Converting to PDF, and it just
converts without the pics....
the copy I took of the document, i think was already put into word, so I
dont have a copy of the original WordPerfectdoc.

Could there not somehow be another way to get the pics? If i right click on
the pics it gives the option to convert the pic to a CorelPicture, but then
it still doesnt open

Thank you

Melissa

"Melissa" wrote:

Hi there

I would just like to find out... I have a Word document that was
originally
created in word perfect, and now the images on the document will not
display, or open.

Is there any way that i can get the images to show / convert them?

thank you

Melissa

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Have you ever been able to see the pictures in Word? I'm starting to think
that the pictures are in a format that is not accessible to Word.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Melissa" wrote:

Hi there

I would just like to find out... I have a Word document that was
originally
created in word perfect, and now the images on the document will not
display, or open.

Is there any way that i can get the images to show / convert them?

thank you

Melissa

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

It seems as if your only choice is to see if you can find the original file,
then. :-(

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP