Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Bons Bons is offline

Default merging to email in either 2003 or 2007

Someone asked me the other day how to put a name in the subject line of an
email merge. I know how to set up everything but that....the Subject line
doesn't seem to link to the data source. He told me he had recieved emails
that were done with a merge and had his name in the subject....like "Hi,
John!"....I don't know why this would necessarily be a good thing, but he
seems to think it makes a difference in marketing.......soooooo is there any
way to do this?? I know that if there is a way, THIS is the place to get the
answer---I've learned a TON on his site. THanks!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

use a modification of the method in the article at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

--
Hope this helps

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to avail yourself of my
services on a paid, professional basis.