Elizabeth

Default Word 2003 track changes

How can I view only inserted text but not deletions with track changes in
Word 2003
Jim Palik

Hello Elizabeth,

Track changes is intended for exactly that "Track Changes" and this
includeds both deletions along with insertions.

However if you really do not want deletions to show you will have to toggle
tranck changes off when making deletions and on again when making insertions.

This is probably now what you are looking for but I know of no filter that
only shows insertions or deletions.

Jim
--
Never at a loss for Word

"Elizabeth" wrote:

How can I view only inserted text but not deletions with track changes in
Word 2003

Jim Palik

Hi Elizabeth,

Immediately after posting my answer I thought of a work around for you that
still allows you to view only insertions while still tracking both insertions
and deletions.

1. In the Track Changes tool bar, select the Show drop-down menu.
2. Select options.
3. In the Markup panel select (none) from the delitions drop-down menu.
4. Click OK
5. Again select the Show drop-down menu.
6. Click Baloons and select Never or Only for Comments/Formatting.

Note: When accepting or rejecting track changes, unless you accept all, you
will probably want to redisplay deletions to know what you are accepting.

I think this will give you what you want.

Jim
--
Never at a loss for Word

"Elizabeth" wrote:

How can I view only inserted text but not deletions with track changes in
Word 2003

If you select "Hidden" as the formatting for deletions, you will not see
them. But if all you want to see is insertions, perhaps you do not really
want to be tracking changes. Or perhaps you just need to switch to Final
view.