Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MoJR MoJR is offline

Default shortcut

A while back, I put a shortcut to a file folder on the menu bar in Word 2003.
I can't remember how I did this? Could you maybe explain what I did please?
Thank you,
MoJR

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MoJR MoJR is offline

Graham,
Yes. I meant the main menu bar. However, continuing my search, I came across
an article that dealt with a similar problem and actually fixed the problem.
I found an article written by John McGhie on the MVP site, "Restoring
Customizations Saved in Normal". I had recently lost the tool bars I
created. After reading his article, I followed his instructions and retrieved
my tool bars that included the shortcuts I am referring to.
My original question is unanswered. The shortcuts open the folder in My
Documents in Windows Explorer that hold the files and folders I frequently
use. Very handy!! I jsut can't remember how I accomplished creating the
shortcuts.
Thank youm
MoJR

"MoJR" wrote in message
A while back, I put a shortcut to a file folder on the menu bar in Word

2003.
I can't remember how I did this? Could you maybe explain what I did

please?
Thank you,
MoJR

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you have Word 2002 or 2003, adding those folders to the Places Bar is
just about as good a solution (and much easier).

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://www.gmayor.com/customize_the_word_places_bar.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.