Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sabio Sabio is offline

Default What Are Differences Between Word 2000 & 2003?

Hello,

A while back I downloaded the trial version of 2003 and I like it. It since
has expired. I also see there is MS Word 2000 I can get for cheap... much
less than 2003.

When I look at the descriptions of each of the programs, I can't really tell
much. My question is:

What are the main differences between MS Word 2000 and 2003?

Can I get a few replies please? I'm looking to make a decision and not sure
what to get.

Thanks,

Sabio
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There are actually some pretty major differences between Word 2000 and Word
2003, but the differences between Word 2002 and 2003, though significant in
some respects, are subtle and might not be noticed by casual users. You can
obtain Word 2002 extremely reasonably as part of Works Suite 2006, which
includes Word 2002, Works 8, Encarta Encyclopedia Standard 2006, Money 2006
Standard, Digital Image Standard 2006, and Streets & Trips Essentials 2006.
The list price is about $100, but you can find lower prices in stores (you
can get it from Amazon for $90 with free shipping). In addition, there is a
mail-in rebate good through February 1, 2008.