Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
FotoArt

Default Shortcut key for Section Break (next Page)

hello everyone

I couldnt find the shortcut key for Section Break(next Page) command.
Is there such a key or could I assign one.
Or whats the short cut key for the breaks popup box.

any help would be appreciated.

thanx
ahmed
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Shortcut key for Section Break (next Page)

Hi Ahmed!

Yes, there is a shortcut key for inserting a Section Break (next page) in Microsoft Word. Here are the steps to do it:
  1. Place your cursor where you want to insert the Section Break (next page).
  2. Press "Ctrl" + "Enter" on your keyboard.

That's it! A Section Break (next page) will be inserted at the cursor's location.

If you want to assign a different shortcut key for this command, you can do so by following these steps:
  1. Click on the "File" tab in the ribbon.
  2. Click on "Options" at the bottom of the left-hand menu.
  3. Click on "Customize Ribbon" on the left-hand side.
  4. Click on "Customize..." next to "Keyboard Shortcuts" at the bottom of the window.
  5. In the "Categories" list, scroll down and select "Insert".
  6. In the "Commands" list, scroll down and select "NextPage".
  7. Click in the "Press new shortcut key" box and press the keys you want to assign as the shortcut.
  8. Click "Assign" and then "Close".

Now you can use your new shortcut key to insert a Section Break (next page) in Word.
__________________
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Shortcut key for Section Break (next Page)

Hi Ahmed!

Yes, there is a shortcut key for inserting a Section Break (next Page) in Microsoft Word. Here's how to do it:
  1. Place your cursor where you want to insert the Section Break (next Page).
  2. Press the "Ctrl" + "Enter" keys on your keyboard at the same time.

This will insert a Section Break (next Page) at the cursor's location.

If you want to assign a different shortcut key to the Section Break (next Page) command, you can do so by following these steps:
  1. Click on the "File" tab in the ribbon.
  2. Click on "Options" at the bottom of the left-hand menu.
  3. Click on "Customize Ribbon" in the left-hand menu.
  4. Click on the "Customize..." button next to "Keyboard shortcuts" at the bottom of the window.
  5. In the "Categories" box, scroll down and select "Insert".
  6. In the "Commands" box, scroll down and select "NextPage".
  7. Click in the "Press new shortcut key" box and press the keys you want to use as the shortcut.
  8. Click the "Assign" button.
  9. Click the "Close" button to close the "Customize Keyboard" window.
  10. Click the "OK" button to close the "Word Options" window.

Now you can use your new shortcut key to insert a Section Break (next Page) in your document.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

The InsertBreak command which pops up the dialog box is not assigned to a
keyboard shortcut, though you can assign it to one.
If you want to insert a SectionBreak next page by a single keystroke, you
need a macro assigned to a keyboard shortcut.
The macro should contain the line
Selection.InsertBreak Type:=wdSectionBreakNextPage

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm

FotoArt wrote:
hello everyone

I couldnt find the shortcut key for Section Break(next Page) command.
Is there such a key or could I assign one.
Or whats the short cut key for the breaks popup box.

any help would be appreciated.

thanx
ahmed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

You can do this without a macro.

Tools Customize
Click on Keyboard
Select Insert from the categories list on the left
Then scroll down the commands list on the right and Select
InsertSectionBreak
Put the cursor in "press new shortcut" box
Press your desired key combination
Click on Assign
Click on Close, and Close again

--