Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] skrampach@hotmail.com is offline

Default batch find/replace and mass rtf conversion

I have a thousand or so documents I need to change "Licence No AA", "Licence
No BB" and "Licence No CC" to "Licence No XX".

I can't imagine doing this one at a time...

1) Can anyone tell me how to batch replace text in word and rtf files?

2) How about mass convert all word files to rtf?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Answered in another Word forum to which you posted this - please do not
separately post the same question to multiple Word forums.

wrote:
I have a thousand or so documents I need to change "Licence No AA",
"Licence No BB" and "Licence No CC" to "Licence No XX".

I can't imagine doing this one at a time...

1) Can anyone tell me how to batch replace text in word and rtf files?

2) How about mass convert all word files to rtf?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
st st is offline

Why, use macros of course!

Use Dir function to iterate files. Also record the sequence of opening file,
replacing some text, and saving as rtf. If you use "license#" from file title to
replace in this one's document text, use string manipulation.

You will probably need to install MS Word Macro Help files, the rest of process is intuitive, I suppose...

" сообщил/сообщила в новостях следующее: ...