Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rob[_5_] Rob[_5_] is offline

Default Word 2007 E-mail

I would like to be able to e-mail a .doc to someone while in word 2007
but this function seems to require Outlook in order to function. Is there
any way to allow e-mailing of files from within word 2007, having only
Outlook Express as my mail program? I am quite able to make any necessary
registry changes if that is required.

Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It should work with Outlook Express (it does here) - add the Send To Mail
Recipient command from all commands to the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar).
Similary the Send e-mail option from The Office Button command set works
with OE also. Do you have OE set as your default e-mail application if
Windows Internet Options?

Rob wrote:
I would like to be able to e-mail a .doc to someone while in word
2007 but this function seems to require Outlook in order to function.
Is there any way to allow e-mailing of files from within word 2007,
having only Outlook Express as my mail program? I am quite able to
make any necessary registry changes if that is required.

Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rob[_5_] Rob[_5_] is offline

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
It should work with Outlook Express (it does here) - add the Send To Mail
Recipient command from all commands to the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar).

Yes this works!

Similary the Send e-mail option from The Office Button command set works
with OE also.

No, this method does not work for me. The E-mail option is greyed out.

Do you have OE set as your default e-mail application in
Windows Internet Options? Yes I do.

Rob wrote:
I would like to be able to e-mail a .doc to someone while in word
2007 but this function seems to require Outlook in order to function.
Is there any way to allow e-mailing of files from within word 2007,
having only Outlook Express as my mail program? I am quite able to
make any necessary registry changes if that is required.

Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

See if the following article helps:

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0002.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Rob wrote:
I would like to be able to e-mail a .doc to someone while in word
2007 but this function seems to require Outlook in order to function.
Is there any way to allow e-mailing of files from within word 2007,
having only Outlook Express as my mail program? I am quite able to
make any necessary registry changes if that is required.

Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rob[_5_] Rob[_5_] is offline

Hello Doug,

The article below that you supplied solved my dilema. I can now e-mail files
as attachments directly from word, which sends them via Outlook Express.
Thank-you,
Rob