Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.customization.menustoolbars
Ivan Ivan is offline

Default Change the choose font list display...

Change the choose font list display...

I have just started to use Office 2007 Professional and I cannot find the option to change the
display of the font list. In Office XP there was an option (from 'Tools/Customize/Options' Other) to
'List font names in their font'. [This option is also in Publisher 07, but it does not seem to have
a global effect through the rest of the suite!]

Is there an option to configure this with the Office 2007 suite?
I cannot find anything even close in the help file!

Any help greatly appreciated

(PS. I realize i have posted this message in menus & customization.. so no flaming
Thanks in advance
Ivan.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.customization.menustoolbars

Hi Ivan,

If you're asking if the option to turn off the choice to show the previews in plain text is still available for the Word 2007 font
drop down on the ribbon then the answer is no. The 'plain text' list is available from the Font dialog (launch button on the lower
right of the 'Font' group on the Home ribbon). Basically ribbon galleries all show items in 'real' preview.

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP